Terms & Conditions
PROGRAM SCOPE OF COVERAGE:
THIS WARRANTY PROGRAM FOR WYNN'S PREVIOUSLY OWNED VEHICLE WARRANTY (POVW) SERVICE KIT IS BETWEEN THE PROGRAM HOLDER AND WYNN'S AND DOES NOT EXTEND TO ANY WARRANTY PROVIDED BY ANY VEHICLE MANUFACTURER. THIS PROGRAM IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. HOWEVER, IF ANOTHER WARRANTY EXISTS, THEN THIS COVERAGE WILL BE CONSIDERED SECONDARY OR ON AN EXCESS BASIS IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM AND IF COMPLIANT WITH ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN. IF ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE MET, WYNN'S WILL PAY THE DEDUCTIBLE AMOUNT (VEHICLE OWNER'S REQUIRED PAYMENT) UP TO BUT NOT EXCEEDING THE COVERAGE LIMIT EXPRESSED WITHIN THIS PROGRAM.
In order to commence coverage and comply with the terms of this warranty, the consumer must have purchased a previously-owned vehicle from an authorized dealer within the mileage and model year thresholds described herein and meet certain registration requirements. The POVW Program is separate from any vehicle manufacturer warranty and is subject to all the terms and conditions contained herein.
The POVW Program will provide a warranty benefit in the following categories when serviced and invoiced using Wynn's POV service kit 10573:
Engine Treatment: This service must be performed with Wynn's Friction Proofing Engine Treatment (A7001).
Automatic Transmission Treatment: This service must be performed with Wynn's Transmission Treatment (64501).
Cooling System Treatment: This service must be performed with Wynn's Universal Cooling System Treatment (A4601).
Power Steering System Service: This service must be performed with Wynn's Power Steering Supplement (64805).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This program is subject to the terms & conditions listed in this section:
Qualified Vehicles: Only pre-owned vehicles that are within the past five model years at time of treatment, inspected and sold by qualified Wynn's vehicle dealers/service providers are eligible. Vehicle system treatment must be performed with fewer than 50,000 miles/80,000 km on the odometer by a professional service technician in order for coverage to be provided.
Qualified Dealers/Service Providers: A dealer is qualified by being both the vehicle seller and pre-delivery POVW kit servicer. Dealer must have an in-house vehicle service center with active sales of associated Wynn's products and services.
Coverage Registration: Vehicle eligibility and coverage will only start from the time of registration at www.mywynnswarranty.com. Failure to register for any reason forgoes coverage and eligibility.
Coverage Period: Coverage begins for qualified vehicles serviced and sold by qualified dealers 200 miles/320 km after service and following on-line customer registration and ceases six months (specifically 180 days) or 7,500 miles/12,000 km following date of original previously-owned-vehicle purchase; whichever is first.
Payout Amount: Eligible vehicle repairs will be covered up to $1,000.00 per policy, payable only by following the claims procedure contained here-in and meeting all eligibility requirements.
All services referred to in this Program must be performed at a licensed professional service center using WYNN's maintenance services & OEM specification fluids. You may not change your own oil or lubricants.
The POVW Program benefits shall be limited to the following specified components:
• Friction Proofing Engine Treatment covers all lubricated engine parts including Pistons, Rings, Timing Gears or Sprockets, Valve Lifters, Cylinder Liners or Bores, Push Rods, Turbo Bearings, Wrist Pins and Bushings, Distributor Drive Gear, Cam Shafts and Bearings, Rods and Rod Bearings, Oil Pump, Rocker Arms and Pivots, Crankshaft and Bearings, Intake Valves and Guides. Timing Belts, Timing Chains, Gaskets and maintenance items are not covered under this program.
• Automatic Transmission Treatment covers the lubricated parts contained within the automatic transmission housing or case. The transmission housing is covered only when damaged by a part that is covered under the Program. Leaking transmission seals and gaskets and electrical components are not covered.
• Cooling System Treatment covers the heater core, water pump, freeze plugs, and radiator. Hoses, clamps, thermostats and engine components are not covered. Only coolant meeting OEM specifications can be used in the covered vehicle.
• Power Steering Supplement covers the lubricated parts contained within the power steering gearbox or rack and power steering pump. Hoses, belts, brackets, seals and leaking gaskets are not covered.
MAKING A CLAIM:
In the event of a claim, contact the Claims Administrator prior to having any repairs conducted:
Program Administrator: Wynn's
5238 Rivergrade Rd., Irwindale, CA 91706
800-343-7429 / 626-334-1456 (Fax)
Any repairs done without Administrator authorization will not be covered under the Program. You must provide the Claims Administrator with information from all of the following:
1. All service repair orders showing vehicle was serviced as required in the terms and conditions of this Program.
2. A complete statement of damage and an estimated repair cost statement.
3. Vehicle purchase date verification.
4. If requested, the damaged parts along with a sample of system fluid must be shipped as directed by the Administrator for analysis. This Program and benefits are NOT transferable if vehicle ownership changes. Only authorized repairs made to vehicles operated in the United States of America or Canada are eligible for benefits under this Program. This Program does not cover any incidental or consequential damages.
ADJUDICATION & APPRAISAL: Payment of claims under this Program shall be determined by using the allotted labor time to make the necessary repairs or to replace any irreparably damaged engine part listed as allocated by Mitchell's Flat Rate Guide or other industry accepted flat rate guides, at the commercial repair shop's posted hourly labor rate, along with the reasonable cost of replaced parts of like kind and quality.
EXCLUSIONS: Excluded from the Program coverage are: vehicles that have been modified for or used in competition or those in agricultural or commercial use, including rental vehicles, law enforcement vehicles, and vehicles used for the delivery of goods or persons, salvage or "Grey Market" vehicles, vehicles with inoperative or inaccurate speedometers or odometers and vehicles with rebuilt titles. Coverage for this Program becomes null and void if it has been found that the vehicle odometer has ceased, malfunctioned or show signs of tampering. Coverage is only provided for legally registered passenger cars, vans, SUVs and pick-up trucks with a GVW of 9,500 pounds / 4,300kg or less. Claims resulting from collision, fire, theft, vandalism, contamination of fluids, acts of God, war, misuse, abuse, riot, freezing how does this apply to cold climates where freezing is a natural phenomenon?, negligence, lack of normal maintenance required by vehicle manufacturer renders this Program null and void. Pre-existing conditions, damage to system components prior to the service are excluded and may be verified through independent parts analysis by Wynn's or its appointee.
Failure to furnish all necessary records will render coverage under this Program null and void. Rental vehicle costs incurred during repair of a covered part are not covered by this Program.
Failure of a covered part that is as a direct result of a mechanical or structural flaw that the manufacturer acknowledges through any means, such as public recalls or factory service bulletins, or that the manufacturer will repair at its expense is not covered. Rental vehicles, storage fees, shop supplies, core charges, and diagnosis are not covered.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION: All disputes arising in connection with this Program shall be settled by arbitration which shall be held in Los Angeles, Calif. and in accordance to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.